Do you have pets? Here at Horizon we love pets and they become a part of our families but we don’t love the never-ending task of cleaning up their hair. Just when you think you have it under control, it feels like you have to start over again. Follow these DIY tips to remove pet hair from carpets and upholstery from allyou.com.
1. DON’T use a feather duster or a plain dust rag. You’ll just end up moving the dust around the room without picking up a significant amount.
2. DO use an electrostatic or microfiber cloth, particularly when dusting surfaces that can’t get wet. These cloths help attract particles and even very fine pet fur.
3. DO use a dusting spray (with a plain cotton rag) on wood and other surfaces that can get wet. Or, dampen a plain cotton rag (an old t-shirt works well) with diluted fabric softener.
4. DON’T vacuum your hard surface floors. Depending on the design of your vacuum, the exhaust air it emits may just send the particles swirling about.
5. DO use a Swiffer—the pads attract hair and particles. For a more eco-friendly and wallet-friendly approach, use an electrostatic cloth instead of a Swiffer pad.
Call Horizon today for a free quote on carpet cleaning and upholstery cleaning services.